Sunday, January 4, 2009

Baby or Monkey


Yesterday Jaxon turned 9months old. He is still skinny as ever and such a happy little boy. He has thrown me for a few loops though. My once a set schedule child is trying his hardest to push bedtime farther and farther into mommy's time. And naptime the last few days has not occured at the ususal time. Mostly because he is afraid that some new toy could show up, that his sister will grow wings and fly around the house or that heaven forbid there maybe running water somewhere for him to play in. If you want to take a shower, you better be sure that Jaxon isn't anywhere where he can crawl his little bum over to the bathroom. He can get the door open and makes it known he wants to play in the water too. Hmmm, when do I get to start showering alone again? In the last few days both Justin and I have found him crawling up onto things. His skull must me made of metal since he knocks his head around on the floor and on furniture all the time. He is moving at lightning speed on all fours. Finally he I think he has given up his army crawl. (what a bum) Still no teeth to speak of but the amount of droll that is soaking his required bib is screaming to me that soon there maybe. Watching him play with toys alone is amusing, but not as funny as watching him try to play with his sister and older cousins. He wants so bad to walk and be able to get into the same things they do. I'm afraid for him to start walking, not only for all the crashes that are sure to happen. But they I won't have a baby anymore. Can you tell how much he loves to be a big boy?
(This should be an indication on how is still so skinny weight wise, that plastic oven door for Aydann's princess kitchen is not that strong. But strong enough to hold Jax, time after time after time...

2 comments:

Alaina said...

I am cracking up right now because Natalie comes into the bathroom and disturbs my nice, quiet showers as well. Today she was soaked before I realized she was even there.

He is quite the handsome, adventurous little man. Lucky he has an energetic mother to keep up!!!

Kenzington's Keeper said...

I think this is so hilarious. Kenzie has the little chair with book, lamp, thing and she stands on it just like that to look out the window. Funny things the little ones do!