Wednesday, July 30, 2008
The LOVE Shack...
The new house is on 9th St.... I swear it looks like a total shack right now. It was really hard for me to see potential when I was instead seeing dollar signs flying out of Justin's and I's rear ends. But it does have a TON of equity in it. I am excited, nervous though. The inspection was yesterday and we already knew that gutters were a MUST before winter and before we can move in we have to clean, paint, and put in new floors. UGH. Oh, and don't forget the wall that we have to put back up that the previous owner took down to make a huge livingroom. It was the 2nd bedroom upstairs. The other rooms are downstairs and I don't want the kids to far from us. The only appliances that are left is a 1970's stove and a new dishwasher. So we get to go shopping for appliances. Yay, know anyone who is selling their, nice but cheap? I for sure am going to probably see what Big Gar has down at the store. The sellers were kind enough to leave us a HUGE piano and an old record player that is as big as my hope chest. Any grabbers? I don't want either. We found an awesome deal for flooring at Costco, so that was a huge weight lifted. Ok, my head is going to explode. I don't know where to start with the cleaning and packing here and how to organize when things are moved. I wish I could snap my fingers and it would all be done. I am very thankful that some people (the Reel's) have already offered to help us out. And I know my in laws will too. We are suppose to close on the 25th and then be outta here on the 1st.The plan is that the night before closing Justin will pick up the materials for the wall and the hardwood and then the night of closing he is going to recruit a buddy to rip up the old floors and start on the wall. Then together with Joanie (and anyother crazy people) we will PAINT our little hearts out. Let it set overnight and then put in new floors. OMG, you have to be kidding me. Someone I know who works at Home Depot in the paint dept and is watching out for opp's paint that she can make to my color specification. Discounted good quality paint, hell ya baby. You wanna know a secret on what is gonna keep my going through this nightmare..... I get my OWN scrapbook room. :) Until then, my last posting will be the last of the scrapbooking for a little bit. It almost puts a tear in my eye.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Congrats on the new house, sounds like you have your work cut out for you - but it will be great when you are done with it. Do you ever check out Craigslist? Sometimes you can find really great deals on used appliances. Just a thought.
We have LOTS of work ahead...But we are excited.
Maria~ I didn't think to check out craigslist. You Rock...Justin is on their for everything else, didn't cross my mind. Tnx
Post a Comment