Sunday, March 29, 2009

Who turned on the water?

We had planned in January that this weekend we would be doing our egressed window in the basement and starting on the shop roof. Well in January we didn't think that the last weekend in March would have the crappest weather EVER!!! My parents came down from Cd'A, Ryan and my B.I.L Nate planned on being over, we got the tractor and the concrete saw. And the rain came along with everthing and everyone. And it didn't stop. Thank goodness for some troopers who endured it. Justin dug out the ground for the window at the beginning of the week and there was a huge pile of dirt (that turned to mud!) next to two pallets of our roofing. We wanted to take the chimeny down because it served no purpose and it was built improper. You could push on it and it would move. Totally safe don't you think. So the "tractor boys" tied some rope around the top and the other end to the tractor. I think this was their favorite part of the entire day. Of course they did things the absolute safe way, Nate on the roof to 'guide' the chimeny so it doesn't take out our Avista line. Wouldn't you love to know what that would cost to replace/fix? The chimeny came down in one tiny little tug and made the entire house shake. Scared the crap out of Jax though.

Who's cleaning up this mess? Hmmm not me! I was surprise to see what a mess it made. But Dad and Justin said that it wasn't heavy to move just bulky and akward. I sure am glad to see it gone though, personally I thought it was ugly...
This massive hole in our basement is our new window, I haven't taken a picture of the window actually in yet. I will. I was pretty suprise how much light the new window allowed in the family room. I can't (actually I can) wait for the egress in my scrapbook room. Justin and I are discussing not doing the well and doing landscap blocks instead since the hole is bigger than thought and it does face the driveway. Blocks would be much prettier.
Justin and Ryan spent all day Saturday and most of Sunday doing the roof on the shop. They had to scrap all the old roof'n off since there was 3 layers already. Who ever did work on our house before was kinda lazy. They did things totally half @**. We discovered we have several layers of siding also. So Justin is going to start ripping off that ugly yellow crappy stuff off. If you think our house looks different it does, but not by our choices. All of our new windows are in except one small basement one. I'm excited for the mess to be cleaned up and everything to be done. Justin was sent up on the shop roof to take pictures of what was finished, and him and Ryan got alittle carried away. BIG SUPRISE... so here is a little 'treat' for everyone. Warning, it could make you laught till you pee or throw up a little. :) Justin claims they could start a buisness, he even came up with a really lame title for it. I am not sharing with you what it was though, totally not PG13......



Justin: Ya, I'm talking to you big Daddy!!!!!

Ryan: Who Me?......




4 comments:

Desiree said...

By summer it will look so different and feel so good.

Alaina said...

It's ironic because everyone looks like they are having fun doing all that hard work in the rain. That is cool you got that done... we should have put egress in our last house, I guess it ups the value a ton.

TAMI said...

You are lucky you have a handy hubby! We have to hire out ($$$) so things do not get done in the time frame I want them done in!

Those pics of Ryan & Justin make me wonder how Halloween will be this year- oh god help us!

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Dez, it will feel good. But for now it feels overwhelming, money sucking, and dirty.
Alaina, suprising enough they were in good spirit. I did however go into the laundry area and catch a certain cousin standing almost naked infront of my dryer waiting for his pants to get dry. Very Scarey...
Tami, it helps that my dad is a contractor and has been doing stuff like this since I was a baby. Justin is very handy, he knows alot about house stuff. Thank goodness...And I too am scared about next Halloween. I do almost have Justin convinced we can go as Edward and Bella. :)