
Talk about construction zone. I am so proud of Justin and so thankful to my Dad and B.I.L Nate for all their hard work. Our house seems so new and fresh. I love it. We arn't planning on painting until after the 4th of July. There are some other projects that Justin wants done first and we plan to spend a weekend or 2 camping. The warranty on our new siding requires that it be painted 180 days after instulation. So I'm not worried, and this primer is prettier than that awful yellow metal and cowpie rock anyway. In a few weeks we will have a new custom "Made by Scott" handrail and porch post's. :) I'm very excited, we used to have some pretty outdated iron thing. I wasn't a fan of it. The hardy shingles were a last minute idea of my dad's and Justin and I are thankful since we love them so much. The insulation was actually pretty simple to install Justin did it mostly himself with a bit of help from my sister and I. (Witney you Rock..) And the cost wasn't as scarey as I thought, plus we can tell a difference in the sound and temp control already. :) :)

The back seems more different to me than the front. I think because the old metal awning was so huge. We got a iron and fabric gazebo for our table and chairs so we have some shade when we eat outside. The kitchen window is much bigger now than it was, we opted to go larger for the natural light in the morning. And I can see more in the yard now. :) Since we got all new windows we have some trim work to do on the inside now and it won't be bad, we plan to do a room or two at a time.
2 comments:
Way to go!! I saw some before pics on FB and you guys really made this house look brand new!! It must be more gratifying knowing that you did this all yourselves. What an adorable house!
I can't wait to see it in real...not just pics. It is looking sooo much nicer.
Post a Comment