Saturday, October 11, 2008

Long Sad Weekend.....

We all just got home from what felt like a very long 2 days. Last week Justin's Grandad passed away, just shy from his 94th birthday. Today was the funeral. I went with Justin and the kids to Grangeville yesterday and while Justin went to the service with his mom and cousin I stayed with the kids. We then met them for dinner afterwards. Justin left his Grandad some scotch, that was something "special" with him and all the grandson's. I was never able to get a picture with Grandad and Aydann, she was always nervous around him. Jax got a pic back in August when we went to the nursing home to visit. It's not the best picture, but it ment alot to Justin. So I hope that Jax will appreciate it when he is older.

3 comments:

The Hussy Housewife said...

I am so sorry, tell justin I am thinking of him and his family.

Becky said...

I just heard all about his life and what a great man he was. Brad's mom went to the funeral yesterday too. He was her uncle and so that made him Brad's great uncle.

The family was hit hard this last year.....with June's accident too. So sad.

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Jamie-Thanks....
Becky- I was introduced to your mom at the dinner, she noticed Aydann's bows. :) You are right Grandad was an amazing person, I didn't know him well but he would call me "honey".