Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What's been up..

The last few days have swept by pretty fast and we have been so busy. Well except Sunday when Justin layed on the couch took two naps and DID NOTHING. My weekend started early when Thur Jamie and I took our monkey's to the park, they all had a good time. Then Thur night I did something I hadn't done in FOREVER. I abandoned my husband and children at my mother in laws and went out with some friends I hadn't spent time with in a long time. It was so refreshing. And so long over due. We went to Rooster's and sat out on the deck and had some drinks and then when Roosters sent us away we certainly weren't ready to go home to husbands and kids, so we parked our butts at BarleyHoppers on the deck there. I loved it. We each only had a few drinks, it was mostly about catching up, reconnecting, and having grown up time. I got to reminise with childhood partner in crime about the "good ole" days. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. It's good to know we are old enough to know it was fun but man we were dumb. Right Brooke? My husband stopped by Barley's to say Hi to my long lost friend Steph and gave his debt card to the bartendar for our drinks, the bartendar thought Justin was hitting on all of us. I loved it. People just assume the sillist stuff. Fri was pretty busy with the kids, and getting ready for a yard sale. Then Sat a.m. was the yard sale at the scrap store. I made my dear husband who had just worked graveyard haul a ton of "junk" down there, and then I only made like 20 bucks. What the heck, are you kidding me. Most of what was left I either gave to Savan or went to Goodwill. Pathetic, but at least I can use the donation on my taxes next year. :) I did enjoy just hanging out and visiting with Jamie and Kristy (while she was there)
Today we are suppose to get the report on the apprasial for the house, I am nervous and excited. Our agent is wondering what FHA will say about the roof. We knew it had less than 3 years left on it, and was prepared to do it this fall or in the spring. But she said that FHA is sticky sometimes about roofs if they have less than 3 solid years left on them. So it may come down to them telling the seller to replace before closing. Amen, I won't complain about that. Packing is on a hold until the last week and a half of the month. I can't possibly live here with boxes EVERYWHERE. It's making my OCD go nuts. :) And Aydann wasn't feeling it either, I'm a tad worried how she is going to react to the new house, mostly it's about sleeping in a new room. I sure as heck don't want her back in my bed. And I am afraid that is what will happen. UGH, I'll take the couch. So anyway, since I'm not packing for a bit I am going to bust out some scrap'n stuff and make a mess. What I really need is a crop? Got any takers, I bet we could twist Kristy's arm a bit for one in the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Brooke 4th said...

Oh the good ol' days. Its nice to look back and laugh but I sure wouldn't do it again. I'm glad that we have reconnected. I remember why I love hanging out with you so much. Talk to you soon.

Brooke 4th said...

Oh you are soooo right! It was nice to laugh about the old days, but I so wouldn't relive those days. It was sooo good to reconnect. I remember why we all were such good friends. It just took a little growing up.

The Hussy Housewife said...

Glad you got a night out. You deserve it!! Oh, and I am not jealous of all the moving you have to do...hahahahahah. (supportive aren't I?)